|Palmer College of Chiropractic, Florida Campus
|Radiology Faculty Member
Faculty at Palmer College's Florida Campus play a vital role in curriculum and policy development; faculty are planners who must constantly look to the long-term future of education and discovery. The specific course assignments for this position will include Clinical Sciences with an emphasis on radiology instruction in Diagnostic Imaging and Radiographic Quality coursework as well as clinical radiology support.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Faculty duties fall under several areas: teaching, scholarly work, service/citizenship, and advising/mentorship. Specifically, the following activities are expected of all faculty:
• Preparation and presentation of individual lectures.
• Course syllabus management, content review.
• Development and administration of formative and summative assessments.
• Contribute to the development, administration, and grading of course evaluations.
• Contribute to the development, administration, and grading of the radiology portion of clinic OSCEs.
• Interpret images, generate and grade reports, review reports, interpreting imaging, and assist in clinic remediation processes.
• Maintain appropriate office hours as required.
• Coordinate all learning activities.
• Proctoring exams and other responsibilities related to teaching and advising.
• Serve on appointed committees, task forces and other teams.
• Perform all responsibilities in a manner that fully complies with Palmer’s Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action policy.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Duties, as requested, to provide Clinical Radiology support to include:
• Interpret diagnostic imaging studies
• Generate radiology reports
• Conduct radiology reviews and assess student radiology reports
• ALS instruction
• Assist in clinic remediation processes
• Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Clinics and Director of Clinical Radiology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates must have a first professional degree (DC (Doctor of Chiropractic) degree from a CCE (Council on Chiropractic Education) accredited institution preferred, a Bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized agency or its foreign equivalent, with a minimum 3 year clinical or teaching experience in the area of radiology, specifically soft and hard tissue pathologies. An active license in Florida or the ability to acquire an active license in Florida upon hire is required. A Diplomate in Radiology is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Performs sedentary to light work in a ventilated, lighted, and temperature-controlled office setting.
• Frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, lift light objects (up to 10 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the workday.
Applicants MUST apply online.
|Link to more info: