Ranked Faculty, Diagnostic Imaging Department, College of Chiropractic (Hybrid)
Northwestern Health Sciences University
When you join NWHSU you're not simply doing a job, you're making a difference. You'll see passion for our mission, our work, and our future growth opportunities all around you. Culture is extremely important to us. We're a small enough organization that you'll get to know everyone, have a voice, make an impact, and feel the enthusiasm of everyone you work with. Yet we're large enough to offer exceptional benefits including a university contribution to our 403(b), generous PTO and a flexible environment. It's an ideal blend and a superb organization to expand your career.
What can you expect?
- Our goal? Preparing the next generation of healthcare professionals to deliver and advance healthcare.
- Every role and individual contributes to our success. No matter what department you work in, you'll see passion for our work and respect for one another.
- Belonging is important to us - we all bring different backgrounds, perspectives, and value to the organization. And that makes us stronger.
- We're committed and engaged. You'll see that in every meeting, every discussion and everything we do. It shows and we're proud of it.
- We don't simply say we have a team environment - we live it. Your ideas and suggestions matter. We listen to one another and when something makes sense, we do it.
- We've still got that entrepreneurial spirit, even though we've been around for 80+ years. And we like that.
- We share information and have fun - through monthly Open Forum meetings with our senior leaders, to random employee celebration events throughout the year.
- We build in flexibility in roles whenever we can. We work in a hybrid environment. Each manager works with their team members to ensure there is a healthy work-life balance.
- Your personal and professional work opportunities are important to us - we provide these benefits so you can continue to excel in your career.
The College of Chiropractic at NWHSU has an exciting opportunity for a full-time faculty member. This is a teaching position, which will provide the opportunity to create and deliver education within the Department of Diagnostic Imaging, as well as in other areas within the College of Chiropractic.
The faculty member will have the opportunity to leverage their expertise to help make continuous improvements to the curriculum and to build new courses in diagnostic imaging. We are seeking a person who embraces the ever-changing landscape of education, and who can provide course delivery through both in-person and virtual platforms.
This full-time position will involve both direct instruction and lab teaching responsibilities and will cover courses as assigned by the department chair and Dean of the College of Chiropractic.
We are looking for a faculty member who enjoys working with a team of committed individuals, and who is student-centered in their approach to education. The faculty member will have the opportunity to educate future healthcare professionals while also practicing clinical radiology.
This is a year-round faculty position, where academic rank and compensation will be determined by qualifications and experience.
Course Assignment Specifics:
Specific courses will be assigned within the department but will include a variety of classic topics in radiology, including tumors and metabolic processes, trauma, arthritis, normal anatomy and congenital anomalies. Special imaging, radiation safety, and radiography are additional areas in which teaching and assessment would occur.
Teaching opportunities outside the Department of Diagnostic Imaging, as well as clinical supervision may also be available, and would be assigned based on individual expertise and experience, as well as the needs of the College of Chiropractic.
Work Location: Bloomington, MN with flexibility to work 1-2 days per week remotely; must live local and be able to come to campus as needed.
- Design, develop, and deliver course specific information in a way that enhances the student learning experience.
- Provide student instruction and assessment in a variety of methods both virtual and in-person.
- Review outcomes and modify teaching methods appropriately.
- Maintain course specific materials in the learning management system (Moodle); course notes, assessments, syllabi, grades, etc.
- Utilize Examsoft and other technologies such as Forms, GoReact, Teams, Panopto, etc.
- Collaborate in the development of new courses, or in updating current courses.
- Utilize effective and timely communication with students and colleagues.
- Participate in student mentorship as assigned by the college.
- Participate in faculty governance and other committee work, as assigned.
- Participate in professional development opportunities and scholarly activity within and outside of the University.
- Work to promote a student-centered approach to teaching which maintains academic excellence.
What you need to have?
- A terminal professional degree is required in one or more of the following: Doctor of Chiropractic, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or Doctor of Medicine
- Board certification in Radiology
- Prior teaching experience preferred
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with the use of learning management platforms (Moodle) is preferred
- Experience in various models of teaching including backwards design, team-based and problem-based learning is preferred
Does this sound like the type of role you could excel in? Where your background and experience may contribute to the growth of our organization? A role where you can add your passion and enthusiasm, and make a difference? If you believe you have the education and experience to meet the qualifications for this role, we'd value talking to you. Non-traditional backgrounds are welcome.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
Experience in specialized imaging, especially MSK diagnostic ultrasound and MRI is strongly desired.
Special consideration will also be given to candidates with previous experience in the training of radiology residents.
NWHSU is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet your current needs an anticipate your future needs. Our generous time away helps you enjoy a healthy work life rhythm.
Paid Time Off (earn 27 days per year)
Holiday (15 days in 2022)
Discounted and free on-site clinic services for you and your family
403(b) Plan (4.75% University contribution with a 2% employee contribution)
Medical, dental, vision
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-term and long-term disability
EAP and other wellness benefits
Tuition Reimbursement for external programs
Tuition Reduction for internal programs (includes family members)
On-site fitness center
Founded in 1941, NWHSU is a progressive institution educating the next generation of health care professionals. While the institution's history is rooted in the chiropractic profession, NWHSU now focuses more broadly on integrative care, health, and wellness. In addition to our Doctor of Chiropractic, we offer a Doctor of Acupuncture with a specialization in Chinese Herbal Medicine, Masters' offerings in Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Functional and Integrative Nutrition, and Integrative Care, and undergraduate offerings in massage therapy, health sciences, and allied health professions - medical assisting, medical laboratory science, medical laboratory technology, radiation therapy, and radiologic technology. We are a mission- and vision-driven university and intend to be a leader in creating integrative care solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Northwestern Health Sciences University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate.